About the Alumni Society
Founded in 1975, the Memorial Hospital Alumni Society brings together an exceptional group of approximately 4,000 oncologists, surgeons, radiation therapists, chemotherapists, and pathologists who represent Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in 49 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and 48 foreign countries.
The Memorial Hospital Alumni Society shares in the Center's commitment to the progressive control and cure of cancer by fostering continued communication and consultation with alumni. To further this mission, the Alumni Society provides complete access to a directory of Memorial-trained physicians, which includes their areas of professional expertise and current locations.
To qualify for membership in the Alumni Society, you must be one of the following:
- a physician, dentist, or allied scientist who has completed no less than six months of professional training at Memorial Hospital
- a physician trained elsewhere who has served on our staff no less than six months
Being a Memorial Hospital Alumni Society member gives you access to the entire Web-based, searchable directory of MSK alumni to:
- get in touch with a Memorial-trained colleague who can ensure continuity of care for a relocating patient
- identify physicians currently on staff at the Center for consultations
- look up a colleague by specialty
You will also receive an annual edition of Alumni Notes, the Memorial Hospital Alumni Society newsletter, as well as MSKNews, MSK’s quarterly newsletter. In addition, you will receive invitations to the exclusive Alumni Society events listed below.
EVENTS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
Each year, we host several social events and educational opportunities designed to reconnect and engage our alumni, including:
- the annual CME-accredited Alumni Meeting held at the Center
- the annual Alumni Reception and Dinner Dance held in New York City
- an evening reception held in conjunction with the ASCO Annual Meeting