2020 Update on the Treatment of Pituitary Tumors: Emerging Therapies
May 29, 2020 8:30 AM
After completion of this didactic and case-based educational activity, participants will be up to date on the latest developments in ongoing basic and translational science as well as the clinical management of patients with pituitary conditions. Participants will be able to:
- Review available and emerging medical therapies for Cushing’s and acromegaly
- Discuss new mechanisms and therapies for aggressive and malignant tumors
- Understand decision making involved in surgical intervention for pituitary tumors
- Get an overview on potential surgical complications
- Describe the role of radiation therapy for pituitary tumors
- Discuss mechanisms of immunotherapy-related pituitary dysfunction
- Assess advances in neuroimaging and tumor markers that may predict tumor behavior and clinical outcomes
Overall this course aims to improve patient care and outcomes through evidence-based discussion of clinical practice guidelines and emerging therapies. Our goal is to assess and update current practices to promote earlier diagnosis and treatment of pituitary diseases. The multidisciplinary nature of the course will allow for dissemination of knowledge across the variety of practitioners caring for pituitary patients, and for the patients themselves.
MSK CME offers a discounted rate for MSK Alumni, MSK Cancer Alliance and Cancer Care Partners. If you are a member of one of these groups, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Read more and register here