Founded in 1975, the Memorial Hospital Alumni Society brings together an exceptional group of approximately 4,000 oncologists, surgeons, radiation therapists, chemotherapists, and pathologists who represent Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in 49 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and 48 foreign countries.
The Memorial Hospital Alumni Society shares in the Center's commitment to the progressive control and cure of cancer by fostering continued communication and consultation with alumni. To further this mission, the Alumni Society provides complete access to a directory of Memorial-trained physicians, which includes their areas of professional expertise and current locations.
To quality for membership in the Alumni Society, you must be one of the following:
Benefits & Services
- a physician, dentist, or allied scientist who has completed no less than six months of professional training at Memorial Hospital
- a physician trained elsewhere who has served on our staff no less than six months
Being a Memorial Hospital Alumni Society member gives you access to the entire Web-based, searchable directory of Memorial alumni, allowing you to:
- get in touch with a Memorial-trained colleague who can ensure continuity of care for a relocating patient
- identify physicains currently on staff at the Center for consultations
- look up a colleague by specialty
- contact friends
You will also be put on our mailing list, which means you will receive the annual edition of Alumni Notes, the Memorial Hospital Alumni Society newsletter, as well as Center News, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center's quarterly newsletter. In addition, you will receive invitations to the exclusive Alumni Society events listed below.
Events & Learning Opportunities
Each year, we host several social and educational opportunities designed to reconnect and engage our alumni. These events include:
- the annual CME-accredited Alumni Meeting held at the Center
- the annual Alumni Reception and Dinner Dance held in New York City
- an evening reception held in conjunction with the ASCO Annual Meeting
Additional events vary from year to year. A full listing can be found on our Events page.
An Extraordinary Community
The Memorial Hospital Alumni Society is a community unlike any other. Members range widely in age, live and work in different areas of the world, and represent the full spectrum of oncology specialties. They are united, however, by the common thread of having come to Memorial Hospital with a desire to make a positive change in the world. And all alumni share the benefit of the Center's longstanding commitment to excellence in the training of physicians with expertise in every aspect of cancer research, education, and patient care.